Friday, January 1, 2010
The Year That Was, and other love poems
I
The Year That Was
The year that was is over,
the pain it brought now gone.
Only fragments of the pieces
flicker in my mind.
The year that was came strongly,
to open up my eyes.
Never once hiding
the agony behind.
The purpose of its being,
the silence of its home.
The love it brought so deeply,
into my soul.
The year that was is over,
the calm after the storm.
II
Bluebird
In dreams he lives beside her.
Bluebird don’t fly away.
Nest calmly,
once again be free.
In truth she awakens,
reality appears,
so much sadness
for a love she fears,
will be lost tragically,
no one will hear.
III
Forgiveness
Forgiveness I need you
to see me through,
this painful encounter
of meeting you.
Don’t open my heart
so that it will not mend.
Don’t forsake me again.
IV
If I should Die
If I should die,
don’t let them
lay me down
facing the sky.
For my preference
has always been
to be by your side.
And if this in life
I am denied,
Don’t let them lay me down
facing the sky.
V
The Road
The road we must choose,
the person we must marry,
the decisions in our lives,
so much hurry.
The love we leave behind,
still lingers in our mind.
But we carry the burden,
silently determined
that one day soon
our convictions will prove true.
Don’t wake up to soon.
VI
The Master Of The Game
The past remains lost in those days,
when you were the master of the game.
The present embraces an urgent desire,
he weeps in denial.
The future sleeps in constant reminder,
of a love he lost when the world was brighter.
VII
Endless Agony
Oh! endless agony,
do descend upon me
a lifeline,
to help console my grief,
covet my pain,
embrace my heart,
rip out the desire
to love thee or die.
VIII
The End
The beginning of the end,
your broken heart must mend.
It’s time now to let go,
free your soul.
IX
Tomorrow At Last
Lack of respect,
drug abuse,
low self esteem,
you’ve got the blues.
Sorry to see,
your life is so sad.
Did you ever think
it would get this bad?
No place to run,
the doors have all closed.
Feel the remorse,
deep in your soul.
Surrender gently,
let go of the past.
A new day is coming,
tomorrow at last.
X
Religion
The church,
the temple,
the chapel it seems,
are just but structures,
built patiently.
The walls that surround
the people within,
keep them captive
long after they leave.
XI
Who Made The Rules
Who made the rules so long ago,
that from the start our love was doomed?
Who decided you could not love
someone different than you?
Why does it matter where we come from?
When all that’s important is how strong we love.
Who made the rules so long ago?
Where are they now,
when my eyes cry for me, for you, for us
do they know?
XII
Thirty-Third Year
In her thirty-third year
a woman awakens,
and clearly before her
the past disappears.
Leaving only the moment,
she now draws him near,
and in his eyes she sees her soul.
Wisdom perfected,
we have choice,
something tremendous has happened.
XIII
Another Day
Another day disappears
and brings the night.
Another lover may discover sorrow,
once again.
Still is the breeze that blows,
calm is the sea below.
Her world must hold
the promise of his joy.
For never was there a passion greater,
never was there a story told.
XIV
Miscommunication
Miscommunication,
a tragedy at times.
Painful retaliation,
in your mind.
Desperate thoughts
of indignation,
Strong endurance for such humiliation.
No glory left, put it to rest.
XV
Goodbyes
Goodbyes don’t make you gone.
The moon, the sun, the sky
live each day I’m alive.
And so it is with you
when I look up each night.
And so it is with you
in the morning light.
XVI
A New Year
A new year arrives
with such fury and drive,
To rock your world,
the pain comes alive,
and in it you seek
comfort and light,
guidance to lead you
far from behind,
the shadows that haunt you,
the love that you lost.
A new year arrives,
with such fury and drive,
all I can tell you
is I am still here and alive!
XVII
Kindred Spirits
If in this lifetime
apart we must be,
don’t be sad as I hear,
that kindred spirits
are always near.
And if not now,
when we finally unite,
there will be a grand celebration
In the sky!
XVIII
Irony
He never understood,
it is clear now as the day,
Don’t confuse irony for delay.
He’s traveled so far away,
all attempts to reach him
leave you with dismay.
XIX
Life-Long Companion
Pick up the pieces
that you threw away,
when your life-long companion
passed away.
Breathe in your life,
so precious and free.
Hold fast to your wishes,
whatever they may be.
Secure the joy
your heart may need.
In the eyes of the great one,
It was meant to be.
XX
Temple
Our bodes are the temple
of our mind and soul,
The pain and the mystery
ours to behold.
The human touch
of a caring friend.
The gentle stroke
of loving hands.
Relieve the tension
of labor and love,
each individual carries above.
So open your heart,
and find your way.
Be willing to create
a better day.
XXI
Time
Time, I prayed you would pass,
endless nights that never died.
The days of quiet desperation
begin to cease,
I never imagined such misery.
How can I tell you
how lost I have been,
when you looked in my eyes,
and pain did not see.
How can I not sigh with relief,
when the agony becomes history.
And for a second I breathe.
I now look ahead,
and see a glimmer of hope,
it’s destiny.
For if I look back I fear,
I will never recover
and drown in my tears.
XXII
Trapped
Trapped you may find
your mind may be,
in a whirlwind
of what used to be.
Don’t look back
oh beautiful girl,
remember always
tragically,
that though his love was magic,
so it was a mystery.
Behold before your sad eyes,
his lifetimes history.
See the veil unfold,
he left you with nothing to hold.
XXIII
Drop of Rain
Your lies keep coming back,
with every drop of rain,
desperately searching
for the pain.
The love of days gone by,
I still see when I close my eyes.
Forgive my way,
in truth I play,
the memories of you and I.
XXIV
A Degree of Pain
Don’t speak of my love lightly,
don’t judge me insane,
meanings differ
with the degree of pain.
And what have we gained,
but misfortune and fame,
for the glory we shared
for the sorrow
we were not spared.
XXV
Born
On the day you were born
the stars all came out,
to greet you especially
there was never a doubt,
that the path had been chosen
by the Gods in the skies,
that the road that would follow,
would take you by surprise.
On the day you were born
the angels dealt the cards,
and by mistake
your hand was not kind,
but from the beginning
they could see in your eyes,
a special power
an unforgettable drive.
It took time and patience,
and great determination,
and with each passing moment,
you came closer without warning,
until it happened,
you never knew,
the great potential of love
within you.
XXVI
Weary Blue
Quiet desperation,
silent solitude,
she stands alone,
weary blue.
Quiet invitation
for a life she once knew,
remembering always,
you.
XXVII
Hot Summer’s Day
He held her in his arms,
they watched the rainbow melt,
it was a hot summer’s day,
when he took her heart away.
XXVIII
Travel in Space
The essence of your being
I hold close to my life,
I treasure it always
and bring it home each night,
for once in a lifetime
the connection is made,
Mind, body and soul
travel in space.
I will wait for you my dear
until the end of time,
it will be sooner than we think,
when our travel time expires.
XXIX
And The Music Played On
If I should close my eyes
when I love another,
if I should turn my face
when lips attempt their fate,
if tears roll down my cheeks
in the morning hour,
don’t tell him of my sorrow.
Don’t speak of days gone by,
don’t let me hear the music,
that once played in his eyes.
XXX
Seasons of Love
The color of the sky is changing,
the feel of the wind is new,
brings me back to summer,
when I first loved you.
A kiss on my lips you left me,
a song in my heart to sing,
the joy and the sorrow was your spring.
The winter I will treasure,
after the falling of the leaves,
for in it I find comfort,
solace and peace.
The color of the sky is changing,
the feel of the wind now old,
brings me back to autumn,
when there was nothing left to hold.
XXXI
Surrender
Surrender won’t you,
to the feelings within,
each day they surround you,
like a drum they beat.
The wind keeps blowing
your wishes away,
tomorrow’s sunshine
will burn your pain.
Don’t push the stars away
for if you look up,
you may find the smile
on the moon’s face,
will lead you to the proper place.
XXXII
The Longest Distance
A world apart,
a lifetime away,
his presence surrounds her,
each day.
Voices speak, lovers weep,
the window is open,
her heart broken.
Let not the past be a burden,
get on with your life, forget.
But how to forget you
when true to my heart I am,
true to my soul I know,
love of my passion I can’t let go.
XXXII
Daily Ritual
Each day he rises,
his ritual begins.
sweet smelling coffee,
a book to read.
Silence surrounds him,
feel the breeze,
loves his animals,
naked as the leaves.
Each day he ponders
The meaning of life,
consistently awaiting
for the light.
Each day he rises,
his beating heart feels,
The rhythm of his loved ones,
who keep him near,
so close a relation,
his duty appears,
melancholy surrounds him,
he holds back the tears.
Each night he returns,
he’s expected to be,
the man of the hour,
a dance he fears,
he will not remember.
Ah, but you were so close
my dear.
XXXIII
Letting Go
Your face begins to disappear
from my memory,
your eyes that used to shine
are no longer mine,
my heart no longer
trembles each minute it beats.
numbness surrounds
the arteries that breathe.
It had to happen,
this letting go,
releasing of wishes,
releasing of woe.
For each soul must rest
and peacefully accept,
the loss of its loved one,
the loss of its friend.
XXXIV
Lost
Lost as a child abandoned,
confused as a youth can be.
shields worn around her gentle soul,
she wandered aimlessly.
until the child within
held the grown woman’s hand.
until she reached inside
and found truth again.
Now it can begin; healing,
and still it all leads to you.
XXXV
Living in Exile
There was a moment in time,
exactly when I can’t remember,
it could have been important,
for in that moment I changed,
but all the events that transpired
to become that moment
still live vividly in my mind.
The years before are long gone,
and still I reach out to them
as if in a dream.
So many memories stored safely
away have I kept,
why things turn out as they do
can not be explained,
but the damage is done.
The youth I knew
should have been the glory,
but let bygones be bygones.
A good night I hope for
and many the days,
that a smile on my lips will surface
when I am old and gray.
Silence is upon me
in the morning hour,
ignoring the longing
for the passion in our play.
To do what must be done,
to get from here to there,
is but a burden on my soul,
the joy I knew is no more.
There was a moment in time
when the world was mine,
my heart sang,
your breath I held in my hand,
it could have been simple,
we found love
in each other’s eyes,
but the truth still lingers in every sigh,
And I am living in exile.
XXXVI
Intimate Thoughts
In my most intimate thoughts,
I hold you close,
remembering silently,
the love we lost.
In my most intimate longing,
My heart beats in pain,
carefully caressing
the time away.
In my most intimate truth
I admit to myself,
It was you.
XXXVII
The Light
The light you must follow,
all the days of your life,
looking up at the marvel,
looking up the sky,
for peace is within you,
when you reach deep inside,
and look close in the mirror,
and see that inspite,
of your troubles and pain,
you have everything to gain,
as the journey that is coming
will find you running,
to that special place,
where you will see God’s face,
then all the suffering
of your life,
will be erased.
XXXVIII
My Best
When I grow old,
and live inside my head,
I will always remember,
at your side,
I was my best.
XXXIX
I wish
Everything passes,
this shall to,
though I will always
remember you.
Everything changes,
so many faces,
brings me back
to such special places.
Everything dies
when we reach the sky,
looking down at our life
I wish I would have
been your wife.
XL
No one cries
A baby is born,
an old man dies,
a young girl cries,
a woman in disguise.
A baby is born,
an old man dies,
no one cries.
XLI
Let Us
Let us be reborn,
let us make a pact,
to never hurt again,
the ones dear to our hearts.
Let us burn a fire,
see the glory rise,
reach the darkeness
in our minds,
give solace, be kind.
Let us be reborn
and live a magnificent life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment